INFORMATION COLLECTIONWe collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once
- Help you quickly find information, products and services
- Help us create content that is most relevant to you and
- Alert you to new information, products and services that we offer.
- • Web beacons allow two websites to share information. They may be used for site traffic reporting, unique website visitor counts and advertising auditing.
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE(a) Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Sites’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section, we may share your information with affiliates under Frosted Frog’s control. (b) Communications with You.
- • We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries and we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance).
- • You may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for a contest or sweepstakes; to request us to notify you of new products, new product styles or product sizes; to sign up for email newsletters and special offers; and to receive surveys. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the Opt Out section, below, for more details). Because we must communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- • As do most catalog and internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally-identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email and phone number.
- • Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- • We may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
- • We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular webpage or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.